The Warehouse Associate position is an important role that includes deliveries to our field technicians at customer sites, receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates, and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing requests, and recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Drive company vehicles for deliveries, supplies, pick-ups, etc.
- Operate forklift as well as stake body truck which requires passing a DOT physical and getting certified onsite for forklift operation.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust, and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- Occasionally aids and advises trainees and other team members.
- Maintains good housekeeping of the work area.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations. Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around the work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position operates in an environment that may contain dust, noise, oils, greases, grinding debris, compressed air, metal shavings, propane, and solvents.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Operation of forklift and stake body truck
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation. This job also requires the use of machines and hand tools necessary for warehouse work.
This is a part-time position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry, and computer skills may be required
Preferred Education and Experience
- OSHA safety training.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check, PA Child Welfare clearance and FBI fingerprinting clearance required
- DMV check
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.