The Warehouse Associate II/Parts Sales position is an important role within our Warehouse Logistics Department that includes receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse, scrapping of appropriate parts, materials, tools and equipment, and assisting internal and external customers with parts sales orders
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Assisting internal and external customers with parts orders, processing and completion of sale.
- Visit parts customers as needed and directed.
- Handling all recycling/scrap materials including identifying all used parts, tools, equipment, materials for scrap, disassembling if necessary, delivery to appropriate scrap/recycling dealers and negotiating with those dealers for best prices.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Drive company vehicles as needed for deliveries, supplies, pick-ups, etc.
- Operate forklift as well as stake body truck which requires passing a DOT physical and getting certified onsite for forklift operation.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Occasionally aides and advises trainees and other team members.
- Maintains good housekeeping of work area.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations. Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around the work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position operates in an environment that may contain dust, noise, oils, greases, grinding debris, compressed air, metal shavings, propane, and solvents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Operation of forklift and stake body truck
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation. This job also requires the use of machines and hand tools necessary for warehouse work.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Travel required as needed for Warehouse and Parts Sales duties.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry, and computer skills may be required
Preferred Education and Experience
- OSHA safety training.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check, PA Child Welfare clearance and FBI fingerprinting clearance required
- DMV check
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.