The Service Control Specialist is a key employee whose job purpose is to coordinate, manage, implement and/or perform technical product support for equipment that has been installed. Responsible to inspect, troubleshoot, and maintain BAS, involving trades or contract personnel when necessary to make repairs or adjustments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs technical support/service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that customer’s Building Automation System is properly maintained and operating correctly
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, scheduled), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventive maintenance and diagnostics on building automation systems and components according to service agreement contracts
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring optimal system operations
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades, and service contract expansion
- Prices, proposes, and proceeds with new work as per CM3 guidelines
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, and calibration on building automation systems and components as per issued maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions including performance of system check out and startup if necessary
- Completes and submits written service reports and orders in a timely manner
- Works closely with internal team as well as external service providers/vendors as needed to resolve system issues
The work area typically consists of finished areas of commercial, governmental, and public properties. Work areas may include rooftops, designated mechanical and electrical rooms, and plenum areas in ceilings where building automation controls and communication wiring may be located; may include dust, noise, metal shavings, and other elements associated with being at a commercial job site.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position.
Daily travel to customer/prospect sites and occasional travel to main office or vendors for necessary parts while on the job site,
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-year post-secondary degree in Building Automation Systems (BAS) and/or HVAC or related field
- 4 or more years experience and knowledge directly related to BAS
- Advanced skills in programming, graphics, and commissioning on Schneider Electric Building Automation products including legacy and current product line
- General knowledge of competitive systems and ability to access if requested by customer
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of customer staff from custodial to administrative to Management and Executive
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4-year degree with a concentration in Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Advanced experience in the BAS industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ongoing industry training with a concentration on new Schneider Electric systems
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check, PA Child Welfare and FBI fingerprinting clearance required; other clearances as required by state/districts of job sites
- DMV check
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing during employment
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.