The Security & Fire Alarm Specialist is a crucial field technician with responsibilities that include installing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and programming various types of building security and alarm systems in order to continuously grow the revenues of the company while satisfying customers’ requirements, and staying compliant with required regulations and guidelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and program Fire Alarm, Access Control, Intrusion, Sound, CCTV, and IP Video Systems.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork, such as Work Tickets and Inspection and/or Deficiency Reports, for all service calls and inspections.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide detailed oral and written feedback to management concerning customer issues.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Participate in department on-call rotation and work flexible hours as required.
- Follow-up calls to the customer with any changes to the schedule if necessary and once work is complete to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assist Security Project Managers with completing and managing documentation for projects
- Work closely with Security Project Managers and Security Service to ensure customer commitments are met on time and in an organized efficient manner.
- Continuously review, analyze and recommend changes and enhancements to improve operating efficiencies and business expansion
- Filing and other necessary clerical duties associated with Security operations
- Timesheet, job hours coordination/administration
- Other duties as required
The work area is typical of Schools, Office Buildings, Construction Sites, Multi Family Living, and similar environments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to stand for most of your working day.
- Ability to climb ladders and perform work while working at heights via step ladder, extension ladder, scissor lift, or boom lift at various heights as required by the job.
- Ability to lift equipment, tools, and or materials up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to differentiate colors for proper wiring and terminations.
- Ability to work with various hand and power tools in a safe manner.
- Ability to drive and travel various distances and to multiple sites within the same business day.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position.
Travel required to customer sites in our Tri-State Market area on a daily basis
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; advanced vocational degree preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Phone skills; articulate and clear when speaking on the phone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have availability to participate in the on-call rotation and field after-hours service calls as required.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to accurately read drawings, blueprints, detailed instructions, and other field documentation as required.
- Excellent communication skills are required. (both written and verbal)
- Possesses the desire and ability to learn about new products
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, and Word.
Preferred Education and Experience
2 or more years of Security/Fire Alarm/Access Controls/Video business knowledge
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI fingerprinting
- DMV check
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing during employment
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.