The Security Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and assignment of personnel and materials necessary for the installation and service of IP-based video surveillance systems, access control systems, and other related security products. Job oversight, materials, and manpower are directly managed by this role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Plan, schedule, and organize, all aspects of the assigned security-related projects.
- Assist Senior Project Managers with project duties where needed.
- Meet with the sales team before a project begins to understand and implement the project to customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with sub-contractors, and other trade partners.
- Maintain and/or initiate a regular process of customer communication to ensure customer feedback and overall satisfaction on all installation projects.
- Provide excellent customer service through respectful communication, a caring attitude, and ensuring customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Complete all documentation for projects and assist Senior Project Managers with follow-up documentation as needed.
- Work closely with technicians to ensure customer commitments are met on time and in an organized efficient manner.
- Ensure technicians and sub-contractors adhere to CM3 Building Solutions safety standards and all local and national codes.
- Continuously review, analyze and recommend changes and enhancements to improve operating efficiencies and business expansion.
- Oversee subcontractors who complete specific pieces of the projects as needed.
- Prepare for and attend meetings to discuss the status, cost estimates, progress, and profitability of all jobs.
- Adhere to CM3 Building Solutions policies including time and attendance, safety, dress codes, reporting, etc.
- Reviews system designs, site configurations, and installation schedules to ensure project goals will be achieved.
- Manage and coordinate delivery of project materials to technicians at the customer site.
- Coordinates the work of all technicians and subcontractors with the client.
- Anticipates and identifies problems early and implements solutions that appear seamless to our customers, including negotiating and implementing appropriate change orders if required.
- Confirms user acceptance and conducts customer training/activation sessions
- Approves all project documents in a timely manner from technicians and sub-contractors, validating the accuracy of each item or requesting corrected forms
This position operates in an office environment as well as in the field at customer sites and may include dust, noise, metal shavings, and other elements associated with being at a commercial job site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, read, count, type, and write to accurately complete all documentation. This job may also require the use of electronic equipment, machines, and hand tools necessary for access control systems, video surveillance, intrusion systems, and public address systems. May require climbing and standing on ladders as well as carrying boxes of equipment over 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position.
Office-based position with travel to customer/prospect sites on a regular basis.
Required Education and Experience
- Advanced degree, preferably in a business or engineering discipline and/or equivalent combination of 5 or more years of direct experience and education
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience managing security projects.
- Action-oriented and driven individual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with co-workers of all levels of the organization in a respectful manner.
- Work independently with minimal supervision when necessary.
- Customer satisfaction focused.
- Manage responsibilities with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Attend training sessions when available.
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, and MS Project
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check, PA Child Welfare clearance, and FBI fingerprinting clearance required
- DMV check
- Pre-employment drug screening
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.