The Control Specialist is a key employee who performs a variety of duties related to the design, development, and improvement of building automation systems (BAS). Responsible to inspect, troubleshoot, and maintain BAS, involving trades or contract personnel when necessary to make repairs or adjustments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various controls systems and components
- Writing and modifying programming to meet specified sequences of operations
- Loading and testing programming
- Point to point control system check out
- Direct oversight of electricians installing the controls and associated wiring in strict accordance with the project documents, required codes and regulations
- Working with a Balancer
- Working with a Commissioning Agent
- Communicating in a project partner capacity with other trades
- Overseeing sub-contractors in the installation of controls (and associated wiring) to ensure CM3 quality standards are met
The work area typically consists of construction and renovation sites and may include dust, noise, metal shavings, and other elements associated with being at a commercial job site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, kneel, crouch, climb, and crawl. Occasional lifting, climbing, kneeling, working from ladders, and carrying materials may be required. Occasional lifting of 50 or more pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position.
Daily travel to customer/prospect sites and occasional travel to the main office or vendors for necessary parts while on the job site,
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-year post-secondary degree in Building Automation Systems (BAS) and/or HVAC or related field
- 2 or more years’ experience and knowledge directly related to BAS
- Proficiency in reading and understanding the following:
- ATC schematics
- Mechanical plans
- Architectural plans
- Electrical plans
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with network configurations, 3rd party integrations,
- Good knowledge of Tridium
- Good knowledge of mechanical equipment sequencing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4-year degree with a concentration in Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Advanced experience in the BAS industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check, PA Child Welfare and FBI fingerprinting clearance required; other clearances as required by state/districts of job sites
- DMV check
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing during employment
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.