The Director, Building Automation leads a team of project managers and field technicians, for the commissioning of building automation projects: Also responsible for driving the revenue and gross margin by controlling job costs and executing projects on time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise, train, and mentor the team through performance monitoring, employee review meetings, and scheduling of formal training.
- Manage revenue, gross margin, and absorption to achieve monthly and annual business plan projections and forecasts.
- Direct and supervise the development of project plans to monitor and control the progress in the execution of work.
- Ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed in accordance with the contract documents and customer expectations.
- Plan and justify manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of work.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams with pricing and scope-of-work definition for project opportunities.
- Maintain relationships between Operations and Sales teams so project details, changes, and plan discrepancies can be managed to minimize cost and delays throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
- Support project productivity and profitability through cost-containment procedures and processes.
- High School Diploma or State-recognized GED
- Experience supervising teams
- Experience with project management
- Good understanding of job financial reporting with the ability to apply cost control measures for projects
- 8 plus years of experience with Building Automation Controls
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ Years of Experience supervising teams
- 5 + Years of Experience with project management
This position supervises the Building Automation Field Supervisors and Field Technicians
This position operates in an environment that may contain dust, noise, oils, greases, grinding debris, compressed air, metal shavings, propane, and solvents (job sites) as well as in an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation. This job also requires the use of machines and hand tools necessary for mechanical work and building automation. This position requires occasional heavy lifting up to 40 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position.
Travel to customer/job sites on a regular basis
Required Education and Experience
- 7 or more years of experience working with HVAC, and building automation systems.
- Advanced HVAC system design courses
- Five or more years’ experience in this field.
- An understanding of other skilled trades such as welding, plumbing, and electrical.
- Strong Commercial HVAC skills,
- Computer skills including Mircosoft products and industry-specific/company-specific programs
- A good understanding of contract plans and specifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret bid documents and blueprints
- Ability to determine the complete scope of work required for projects
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Criminal Background Check, PA Child Welfare clearance, and FBI fingerprinting clearance required
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.