The Accounting Specialist is a key role in our Finance area that provides accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the department. Accounting specialists use receipts and other documents to verify and process transactions, record and analyze financial information, communicate with vendors, clients, and department managers, and assist with daily, monthly, and yearly accounting activities and projects.
- Perform accounting and bookkeeping functions to support departments within the organization
- Research, track, and resolve billing/work order discrepancies
- Scan support documentation.
- Support accounting personnel.
- Enter vouchers, purchase orders, work orders, and other records.
- Provide front desk customer service assistance as needed.
- Handle Work Order procedures including scheduling, importing, and billing
- Handle Purchase Orders including creating, sending, and receiving.
- Utilize computer systems to run databases, producing reports and reconciliations of General Ledger accounts.
- Communicate with customers, managers, and team members on accounting-related issues and needs
This position operates in an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation. This job also requires the use of computers and office equipment. This position requires occasional light lifting of copy paper boxes, files/file boxes, and other office-related materials.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard work days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Advanced in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Requires 2 years of experience in an accounting support function
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced coursework in AP/AR preferred
- Computer training
- Meet the criteria to be eligible to work in the United States as indicated on the I-9 form
- Criminal Background Check, PA Child Welfare clearance, and FBI fingerprinting clearance may be required
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.