The Account Executive manages and grows the Building Automation Solutions and Service business in the Tri-State area for CM3 Building Solutions. Under limited supervision, manages and grows business in the territory. Achieves booking and gross margin goals. Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for customers or territory.
- Ability to effectively handle the most sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations.
- Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Ensures smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections, and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking.
- Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- Develops and deploys account strategies. Prepares annual technology roadmap for each account managed.
- Collaborates with other CM3 sales reps.
- Develops and builds long-term relationships. A primary point of contact with end-user. Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Hunter sales mentality.
- Resource Management
- Time Management
- Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
- Approachable and able to collaborate with other CM3 Sales rep
Office environment with possible exceptions when on specific customer sites
- Travel to customer/prospect sites
- Overnight out of town travel as required
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience selling Building Automation Service and Solutions.
- Technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell CM3 solutions and service product lines.
- Customer relationships at this level are primarily executive-level contact and long-term relationship-oriented
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check, PA Child Welfare and FBI fingerprinting clearance required; other clearances as required by state/districts of job sites
- DMV check
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing during employment
CM3 Building Solutions, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and does not consider disability, color, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age 40 and over, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, in any employment decision.